Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Abraham: The Binding.

It has been a good while since I blogged about our Old Testament lessons at Institute.
A good while ... with three weeks left in the second (last) semester.

I don't know if this is interesting or helpful for anyone out there is the big wide world, but I really should finish what I started.  Yeah!


I have some great news - I found the video I wanted to post back here.
I still remember the time I showed this video to my class, and how it really impacted on the students.  The spirit was strong that night.



I'll get you started by thinking about the following:

Upon what do blessing from God depend?

There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated --
And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated. 
[1]
What is the relationship between obedience and faith?

"The fact that certain laws must be observed and ordinances complied with is not the ruling of the Latter-day Saints, but the divine mandate of the Author of our salvation, who has said he will judge all men according to their works and opportunities.  We are merely complying with the teachings of the Master which we have received and which are requisite to salvation.

"If belief alone were sufficient, then even the devils, who fear and tremble, would be saved.  They recognised the Saviour and declared on several occasions that he was the Son of God."  [2]




[1]  Doctrine & Covenants 130:20-21
[2]  Smith, Selections of Doctrines of Salvation, p.204-5

1 comment:

  1. Oh are you studying theology? I studied it too at Calvary Chapel Bible college. I really enjoyed it while I was there. Genesis was actually my favorite book :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...